Simulators

Tell us about your new construction project. Seek advice if you have flight trimming problems.
Forum rules
To attach a photograph to your message, use the "Upload Attachment" tab that appears below the "New Topic" and/or "PostReply" forms
Andy M

Re: Simulators

Post by Andy M » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

Isn't the $15 just for the USB cable, not the simulator itself, which is $219?

I recently purchased Phoenix because it works off the shelf with most transmitters and at ~$140 I thought it was a very reasonable price for a photo quality simulator. You can also create your own flying field from photos.

I'm very pleased with it.

Ted M

Simulators

Post by Ted M » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Just a reminder that Soggi members can try out the Great Planes Real Flight G4 sim one at a time (the controller is required for operation of the sim.)

***You will need a fairly new computer and almost certainly an upgraded video card***

I've also gone and purchased the Hangar 9 sim called FS One for myself ($93 at Great Hobbies). It can work with any radio, but the USB controller interface is required to start the program. There are a number of differences with RealFlight, and I'm just learning how to do this. Some things are easier, others more difficult. The sailplane options seem to be better but I've very little experience so far. It also runs video smoother and faster than Realflight on my hardware. It likes JR radios (the more channels the better). If you are interested in getting your own sim talk to me about it first !