Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session

BEFORE YOU FLY AT SOGGI'S FLYING SITES ...

Be aware that the use of SOGGI's flying sites is limited to SOGGI Members and their accompanied Guests. Your continued enjoyment of our flying sites relies on maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders including the pilots and their passengers who fly above us, the owner of the property that we are allowed to use, the farm personnel, our surrounding neighbours, and your fellow club members. Thank you for doing your part to maintain these relationships.

Now it's time for you to hook up with some friends and have some fun. Scroll down and click on the Topic "Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session" . Happy Flying !
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU FLY AT SOGGI'S FLYING SITES ...

Be aware that the use of SOGGI's flying sites is limited to SOGGI Members and their accompanied Guests. Your continued enjoyment of our flying sites relies on maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders including the pilots and their passengers who fly above us, the owner of the property that we are allowed to use, the farm personnel, our surrounding neighbours, and your fellow club members. Thank you for doing your part to maintain these relationships.

Now it's time for you to hook up with some friends and have some fun. Scroll down and click on the Topic "Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session" . Happy Flying !
Andy M

Flying Sunday May 31 am

Post by Andy M » Sat May 30, 2020 9:47 am

I plan to be there too ~8-11 if the forecast holds.

Adam M

Re: Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session

Post by Adam M » Fri May 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Looks like a maybe for Sunday right now.

I may show if things are showing a little lighter winds tomorrow. Pike & Supra + a high start

Lyle J

Sunday Morning flying Session @ Haldibrook Rd. W

Post by Lyle J » Fri May 29, 2020 10:13 am

Morning!
Well....it's raining as I type! The weather doesn't know if it's April or July? : ( At any rate, I've checked the weather site and Sunday, May 31st/20, looks like it could be decent enough for a few tosses! Probably at little too windy early, but it looks to be dropping down as the morning progresses. I am planning on arriving around 9 am. I will be bringing my new to me....Oly III, Radian Pro and maybe my 2M Fling to sort out some cg issues.

Cheers!
Lyle

Update:
It's 7:45 am on Sunday morning as I write. Winds are currently about 12-15 kms/hr from the West, Northwest. Nary a cloud in the sky! I will be heading out around 8 am. I just finished packing the van....just about everything I can think of.....somewhere in the distance I hear "Murphy" snickering! Damn eh....what did I forget?? Lol!
Last edited by Lyle J on Sun May 31, 2020 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Andy M

Forget it: Flying Thursday May 28

Post by Andy M » Tue May 26, 2020 7:03 pm

Now forecast to rain all day !@#$%

If the current forecast holds I plan to be at the field Thursday morning. I'll decide arrival time Weds evening assuming forecast is OK.
Andy

Andy M

Westover May 24

Post by Andy M » Sun May 24, 2020 3:43 pm

A great start to the flying season. By the time I left there had been 9 members up at the slope at one point or another. Good conditions until it got a bit too blustery early afternoon. Let's do it again.

Terry K

Westover

Post by Terry K » Sun May 24, 2020 8:43 am

Hoping to be able to join you.
Terry

Andy M

Westover May 24

Post by Andy M » Sun May 24, 2020 7:50 am

Will be there too. Andy

Lyle J

Cardiac Hill Flying!

Post by Lyle J » Sun May 24, 2020 6:38 am

Morning!
Wonders of wonders it's looking waaaay too calm and lovely as I write! I'm finding the weather forecasts are generally off this time of the year because the weather systems are so unstable. At any rate, I am heading to Westover this morning, should be arriving at 9:30 am..ish. Unfortunately, provincial regulations prevent a gathering of more than five unrelated people, so if you are the sixth car arriving in the parking lot....better keep on driving! Lol!

I have notified HCA via email as per our agreement with them.

Cheers!
Lyle

Bob H

I heard that summer's last Hurrah is at the field this Monday morning

Post by Bob H » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:30 pm

I'll be there around 9 AM.

Bob H

Lyle J

Monday October 28/19 Morning Flying Session?

Post by Lyle J » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:07 am

Good Morning!
You wouldn't know by looking out the window at the moment, but the weather people are predicting a decent day tomorrow! I think it may be our last chance to get on the field before the weather really gets nasty. I will check the weather conditions in the early morning and if they appear to be favourable, I will arrive at the field around 9:30 am..ish.

Cheers!
Lyle