Field Conditions - May 19/11

NEW AND IMPROVED PROCEDURE:
In this Forum, Contest Directors (or Special Event Directors) are invited to report RESULTS from Contests (or Events) that have already occurred.

UPCOMING Contests and Events are ADVERTISED on our WEBSITE's rolling Calendar of Events. That way, events will automatically be maintained in chronological order, and then deleted from our Calendar of Events after their scheduled date has passed.
To include an event on the SOGGI calendar please contact the Special Events Organizer via the Contacts page on the SOGGI website.
Forum rules
To attach a photograph to your message, use the "Upload Attachment" tab that appears below the "New Topic" and/or "PostReply" forms
Ann T

Field Conditions - May 19/11

Post by Ann T » Thu May 19, 2011 12:29 pm

I took a quick trip out to the field this morning just to see what conditions were like. As expected, the field is wet and mushy. Some kind soul worthy of a merit badge has done an excellent job of fixing the culvert so that the drive in and out is much easier. THANK YOU!! Although I didn't drive in, the road and parking area were reasonably dry and firm. The grassy area of the field is spongy to sodden. The bare areas are mucky. Water is flowing/gushing through the culvert, so the field is draining. I took some photos. Not sure if the work party will be able to go ahead tomorrow. I can't see how we could get the clubhouse in there.

BTW Nebo Road is closed May16-20 between Rymal Road and Dickenson. I took the detour - turning onto Glover Road (second or third road east of Nebo) from Rymal, then turning right onto Dickenson and left onto Nebo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.