September 13, 2012 ... LSF Contest#5 Results

NEW AND IMPROVED PROCEDURE:
In this Forum, Contest Directors (or Special Event Directors) are invited to report RESULTS from Contests (or Events) that have already occurred.

UPCOMING Contests and Events are ADVERTISED on our WEBSITE's rolling Calendar of Events. That way, events will automatically be maintained in chronological order, and then deleted from our Calendar of Events after their scheduled date has passed.
To include an event on the SOGGI calendar please contact the Special Events Organizer via the Contacts page on the SOGGI website.
Forum rules
To attach a photograph to your message, use the "Upload Attachment" tab that appears below the "New Topic" and/or "PostReply" forms
Bob H

September 13, 2012 ... LSF Contest#5 Results

Post by Bob H » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Contest Report

For LSF Contest#5 we had a sunny day, but the wind proved challenging at approximately 25 kph plus gusts. Most of the thermals were getting blown away and you needed an airplane with good penetration if you planned to hunt them down. We can be pleased that there were no crashes or off-field landings. Even under these conditions a couple of Maxes were achieved and at least some landing points were achieved by 71.4 % of our contestants. I felt that a degree of skill was demonstrated by everyone who flew.

At the registration tent, complementary spruce spars were offered to all participants. Thanks Ted Toth for providing the spars.

[/i][/b] Coveted SOGGI Attaboys (or Attagirls, as appropriate) were awarded to the winners. Otakar flew well and seized the Gold Attaboy by a convincing margin. Yours-truly now has a polished Silver Attaboy on the mantlepiece. Dick Colley took home the Bronze Attaboy.
Congrats also goes to Ann for her 4th place finish, and for her recent completion of LSF Level 1.

Thanks everyone for making the event a success, and especially to those who helped with the event set-up and/or tear down.

Finally just a reminder; Some of you may be able to use this contest for LSF credit. See me if you need the CD's signature.

The contest's details were as follows:
LSF Contest#5 Results.jpg
Bob Hammett, CD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.