ALES Contest #2 Now Friday June 8, 2012

NEW AND IMPROVED PROCEDURE:
In this Forum, Contest Directors (or Special Event Directors) are invited to report RESULTS from Contests (or Events) that have already occurred.

UPCOMING Contests and Events are ADVERTISED on our WEBSITE's rolling Calendar of Events. That way, events will automatically be maintained in chronological order, and then deleted from our Calendar of Events after their scheduled date has passed.
To include an event on the SOGGI calendar please contact the Special Events Organizer via the Contacts page on the SOGGI website.
Forum rules
To attach a photograph to your message, use the "Upload Attachment" tab that appears below the "New Topic" and/or "PostReply" forms
Andy M

Re: ALES Contest #2 Results

Post by Andy M » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Results of ALES #2 held Friday June 8 below. Scroll down the attachment to see it all.
ALES #2 2012 results.jpg
Although not shown in the scores, Bob Hammett and Werner Hildesheim also flew. Bob had to retire after the 1st or 2nd round with a minor mishap. Werner left early and unfortunately I did not manage to record his scores. Sam could only attend in the morning and completed 5 rounds. I only managed to record Sam's total scores for each task.

Larry and John joined us from GNATS and it was great to have them complement the contest.

Thanks to Ray, Dick, Bob and John for all their help, encouragement and timing etc. Ray did a great job of mowing the parking area to help keep the bugs away.

It was a warm sunny day although progressively windier towards the afternoon. We had a lots of fun and thanks to everyone who turned out.
P1050292.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy M

ALES Contest #2 Now Friday June 8, 2012

Post by Andy M » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Posted as a separate topic to improve chances of seeing it.

Friday June 8 is looking much better than Thursday (Thurs thundershowers 40% POP, Fri cloudy periods 20% POP).

So I am moving the contest to Friday. Hope those who planned to come can still make it.
Andy Meysner Posts: 75Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 8:17 pm