May 31 LSF contest #1

NEW AND IMPROVED PROCEDURE:
In this Forum, Contest Directors (or Special Event Directors) are invited to report RESULTS from Contests (or Events) that have already occurred.

UPCOMING Contests and Events are ADVERTISED on our WEBSITE's rolling Calendar of Events. That way, events will automatically be maintained in chronological order, and then deleted from our Calendar of Events after their scheduled date has passed.
To include an event on the SOGGI calendar please contact the Special Events Organizer via the Contacts page on the SOGGI website.
Forum rules
To attach a photograph to your message, use the "Upload Attachment" tab that appears below the "New Topic" and/or "PostReply" forms
Ann T

Re: May 31 LSF contest #1

Post by Ann T » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Turns out my "radio issues" were a result of the TX's antenna having come loose. (If you haven't already checked, I'd suggest you make sure your antenna is firmly screwed into your TX!)

Here are a couple of photos from the contest.
SOGGI_May31_lsf.jpg
SOGGI_May31_lsf_Les_Heinz.jpg

Cheers,

Ann
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ray M

May 31 LSF contest #1

Post by Ray M » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:23 am

To all SOGGI-ites.
Our first LSF contest, was blessed with pretty much the best weather conditions RC sailplaners could ask for.
Light winds, cumulus clouds forming early, maybe could have been a touch warmer,.. winds generally out of the north to
ease the winch and hi-start set up.. and most importantly a group of intrepid flyers, all keen and laid back to let
Ma Nature do all the work in getting the flight times.
Tasks were 2x5minutes, 2x6, 2x7, and 2x8 and landing tapes.
A couple of the Gnats group, Dave Brown and Mike Kucera, showed up to do battle on the field
and enjoy the day.

The only hic-cups were Anne Tekatch's G-Lady that had some radio issues, and that unfortunately
sidelined her as a participant,... but Ann typically hung in there to time and shag chutes for the
hi-start troop.
.. and Heinz Gwisdek, only two tasks into the event, had the ground reach up and damage his bird.

Otakar Koprinicky thrilled us all with an aerobatic launch save of his Supra, ... sure that graphic mental video
has been committed to memory for a while.

Final Standings: Total Max time = 3120 sec
Total Max Lndg = 4800
Total points available = 7920

Mike Kucera: 5069, 64%
Ray Munro: 4600, 58%
Dick Colley: 3166, 48%
Otakar Koprnicky: 2328, 29%
Dave Brown: 2003, 25%
Les Peer: 1844, 23%
Heinz Gwisdek: DNF

Info above can be used on your LSF LEVEL task form, I will be happy to notorize it
at your convenience.

I know there were a few members who had other commitments, but a serious
thanks and kudos are due to those who came to the show.
Also a good thanks to Ann Tekatch, and Bob Hammett who were our
volunteer field participants, helping to keep the event a well oiled machine.

Looking forward to the next event in June, put it on your June bucket list.

Cheers
Ray Munro