Hi-Start Modification Advice

Tell us about your new construction project. Seek advice if you have flight trimming problems.
Forum rules
To attach a photograph to your message, use the "Upload Attachment" tab that appears below the "New Topic" and/or "PostReply" forms
Andy M

Re: Hi-Start Modification Advice

Post by Andy M » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:38 pm

Ted,

Thanks. I have already bought 100' of tubing, thanks for the offer. The 7m was just what the bungee came with, meant for small models I guess, though it was advertised for up to 2m models.

Any advice on best methods for joining fittings to the tubing?

Andy

Ted M

Re: Hi-Start Modification Advice

Post by Ted M » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:40 pm

I have some tubing of two different types that may be useful, yours if you want it, don't use it as I have been infected with the electric virus mostly. give me a call, or meet you at the field some day, although this week looks busy. 7m sounds short unless you have some special purpose in mind...

Andy M

Hi-Start Modification Advice

Post by Andy M » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:32 pm

I have a cheapo bungee (7m of 8mm OD surgical tubing plus 100m of line) which I'm going to modify. Can anyone give me any advice on:-

1. The best technique for safely joining the attachments to the ends of the tubing.
2. How much total tubing and line to use for Fletcher field.

I was going to buy 100 ft of the Dynaflite heavy duty tubing, as it appears to be the best deal I can find in terms of $/ft, although it doesn't say what dia it is or whether it is latex or silicone. It looks like the amber latex in ad pictures.

At the moment I need it for up to a 2m 800gm model, but obviously am thinking of the future too. If I buy the 100 ft of tubing, I was thinking of maybe making it up in sections so I can add/subtract to the length as required.

Any tips or advice would be great.

Thanks,
Andy