T-Hunter Discussion & Planning

Tell us about your new construction project. Seek advice if you have flight trimming problems.
Forum rules
To attach a photograph to your message, use the "Upload Attachment" tab that appears below the "New Topic" and/or "PostReply" forms
Andy M

Re: T-Hunter Discussion & Planning

Post by Andy M » Tue May 24, 2022 3:05 pm

The 4 shipped to Andy have arrived as well. I've sent an email to the recipients.

Andy

Lyle J

Post by Lyle J » Tue May 24, 2022 1:00 pm

Update:
A well packaged box arrived at my doorstep just now! The T-Hunters have landed! I have six kits that I will be distributing to the various members that live nearby.....I'm keeping one for myself! Bernard went over and above by adding things like launching hooks, various pins and sleeves for the wing joiners, etc.

I haven't opened up my kit as yet....but at first glance, the laser cutting looks to be first rate!

Cheers!
Lyle[attachment=2]IMG_3776.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]IMG_3777.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]IMG_3779.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lyle J

Post by Lyle J » Tue May 24, 2022 7:22 am

Morning!
I just updated the delivery status of our T-Hunters this morning and noted the estimated delivery date is now Thursday, May 26/22! Woot!

Cheers!
Lyle

Lyle J

Post by Lyle J » Sun May 22, 2022 7:55 am

Morning!
If you haven't seen them yet, Bernard has posted his second instructional video on Youtube and RCGroups.

Lyle

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... -%28RES%29

Lyle J

Post by Lyle J » Sun May 22, 2022 7:53 am

Andy:
Same here for the seven kits to my house. I noticed that they are sitting in Mississauga Depot already, so we might get lucky and see them at our door a few days early.

Lyle

Andy M

Post by Andy M » Fri May 20, 2022 9:25 am

Delivery: For the 4 being shipped to me Canada Post tracking currently says Friday May 27

Andy M

Post by Andy M » Thu May 19, 2022 6:45 pm

Adhesives: Mostly Titebond III and Superphatic. CA embrittles the wood. So only use CA sparingly when you need e.g. a tack to hold in place before using another adhesive.

Lyle J

Post by Lyle J » Thu May 19, 2022 9:30 am

Morning!
Andy as far as I know, there is only the Facebook link.

I have a question as to what is everyone going to use for glue? I was thinking of using a thinned carpenter's glue as it might not soak in as much and should be easier to sand. I realize most will likely go with a thin CA.

Your thoughts?

Also, Bernard has posted a instructional build video on RCGroups Thermal Sailplane section. It is also on YouTube. I'm hoping the shipment of T-Hunter kits arrives today (Friday) Fingers crossed!

Cheers!
Lyle

Andy M

Post by Andy M » Sun May 08, 2022 8:32 am

Lyle J wrote:
> Morning!
> Micheal Berends posted a lovely flight video this morning that I thought I
> would share with the group!
>
> Enjoy!
> Lyle
>
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/5897477 ... 576255849/

Hey Lyle, Can you enable a link to this video so non FB users can see it? Andy

Tom C

Post by Tom C » Fri May 06, 2022 3:58 pm

Interesting! I did exactly the same thing back when I started building! Still have the same setup. Learned to hang the pin board vertically, to keep it as flat as possible... Taped a big sheet of graph paper to one side to help with alignment (I had access to a big engineering office way back, and they had graph paper in big rolls...) Tom
Karl S wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:51 pm
That was not meat to make you feel old...I am 50 and did this back when I was 19. I still think this is a completely valid way to build. I have a formal hobby room now with dedicted build table, however I think another cieling tile is on order :-)

Paul R wrote:
> OK now you are making me feel old....did the exact same thing when building my
> Olympic II. Took an old door from our offices and "snuck" a ceiling tile
> out of the maintenance area....
>
>
> Karl S wrote:
> > Lyle,
> >
> > Back in the day I took an old door and put it on some work horses. I went
> > down to Home Hardware and picked up a ceiling tile. The opposite side is
> > nice and flat and the door provided a good workplace to keep it flat. You
> > can put pins in the ceiling tile over-and-over again to keep ribs in place
> > etc etc. I built my first Bird of Time (BOT) on that setup...worked great.
> >
> > My 0.02 cents.