Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session

BEFORE YOU FLY AT SOGGI'S FLYING SITES ...

Be aware that the use of SOGGI's flying sites is limited to SOGGI Members and their accompanied Guests. Your continued enjoyment of our flying sites relies on maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders including the pilots and their passengers who fly above us, the owner of the property that we are allowed to use, the farm personnel, our surrounding neighbours, and your fellow club members. Thank you for doing your part to maintain these relationships.

Now it's time for you to hook up with some friends and have some fun. Scroll down and click on the Topic "Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session" . Happy Flying !
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU FLY AT SOGGI'S FLYING SITES ...

Be aware that the use of SOGGI's flying sites is limited to SOGGI Members and their accompanied Guests. Your continued enjoyment of our flying sites relies on maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders including the pilots and their passengers who fly above us, the owner of the property that we are allowed to use, the farm personnel, our surrounding neighbours, and your fellow club members. Thank you for doing your part to maintain these relationships.

Now it's time for you to hook up with some friends and have some fun. Scroll down and click on the Topic "Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session" . Happy Flying !
Andy M

Westover Possibly Thursday Nov 17

Post by Andy M » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Friday was suicidally windy, no kidding - would have needed a lead sled. So Dick and I shot the breeze (literally) for half an hour and gave up.

However, early days yet but Thursday might be promising.

Andy

Andy M

Westover Friday November 11

Post by Andy M » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Plan to be a the slope Friday morning for a couple of hours, arriving ~10:00 - 10:30. Forecast is northerly high 20s km/h. Might need gloves though.

Andy

Bob H

Re Contest of Sunday Nov 6

Post by Bob H » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:23 pm

Thanks for pursuing this Andy. I'll arrive around 9 AM Daylight Savings time.

Bob H
Superforecast for Sunday November 6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy M

Flying Sunday November 6

Post by Andy M » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:49 pm

Good Adam, see you there and hope folks read the SOGGI email re informal contest. For those who have not:-

Sunday looks like a great flying day, clear skies and low winds. So anyone who wants to participate I thought we could make up for the Thanksgiving Contest multiple postponements..

For those who wish to join in a very informal contest; -

- As many rounds as you want to fly
- Score on max total time and average time per round
- Landing points score too
- LSF achievements for those who need it
- No classes, electric, Hi-start or winch, any wingspan

No pressure, relaxed and just have fun. If you don't want to record scores, still come along and fly anyway or help out.

I'll bring some score cards and we'll aim to start flying (contest wise) around 11 am, as it will be cool before then.

Hope to see you there, There won't be many more flying days this season.

Andy

Adam M

Flying Sunday, Nov 6

Post by Adam M » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:05 pm

Weather's looking great for Sunday.

Hoping to maiden a couple new ships, so I'll be flying histart and electric.

Planning on being at the field shortly before 9AM.

Bob H

Flying Friday Nov. 4

Post by Bob H » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:57 am

The latest forecast doesn't look any worse, so I'm headed for the field to arrive around 10 AM

Bob H

Bob H

Flying Friday Nov 4 (Maybe not?)

Post by Bob H » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:11 pm

The Weatherperson is now a little less optimistic about how nice Friday's flying conditions will be. The weather is currently pretty unstable, so I think I will check the forecast again early on Friday morning before setting off for the flying field. At that time I'll leave another note here indicating what my own plans are.

Here is the new forecast for Friday (as of Thursday afternoon):
Thursday's Superforecast for Friday November 4, 2016.jpg
This was the previous forecast for Friday (as of Wednesday morning).
Superforecast for Friday November 4, 2016.jpg
Bob H
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lyle J

Re: Friday, Nov. 4/16 Flying Session

Post by Lyle J » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:54 pm

Evening!
I am looking forward to joining the rest of you at the field! I'll probably be there around 9:30 am but will have to leave around 12:30 pm. I will bring my new (to me) Spirit 100 & my heavy duty hi-start.

Cheers!
Lyle

Ann T

Re: Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session

Post by Ann T » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Planning to join you, Bob. See you about 10-ish.

Ann

Bob H

Flying Friday November 4, 2016

Post by Bob H » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:06 am

The forecast looks pretty good for Friday November 4, at least during the 10 AM - 2PM time slot. If we fly Friday, that will mark our 58th flying session for 2016. I've been doing some more work on the Club Winch, and hope to test the modifications made so far.

Wear your woolies.

Bob H
Superforecast for Friday November 4, 2016.jpg