Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session

BEFORE YOU FLY AT SOGGI'S FLYING SITES ...

Be aware that the use of SOGGI's flying sites is limited to SOGGI Members and their accompanied Guests. Your continued enjoyment of our flying sites relies on maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders including the pilots and their passengers who fly above us, the owner of the property that we are allowed to use, the farm personnel, our surrounding neighbours, and your fellow club members. Thank you for doing your part to maintain these relationships.

Now it's time for you to hook up with some friends and have some fun. Scroll down and click on the Topic "Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session" . Happy Flying !
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU FLY AT SOGGI'S FLYING SITES ...

Be aware that the use of SOGGI's flying sites is limited to SOGGI Members and their accompanied Guests. Your continued enjoyment of our flying sites relies on maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders including the pilots and their passengers who fly above us, the owner of the property that we are allowed to use, the farm personnel, our surrounding neighbours, and your fellow club members. Thank you for doing your part to maintain these relationships.

Now it's time for you to hook up with some friends and have some fun. Scroll down and click on the Topic "Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session" . Happy Flying !
Terry K

Thursday July 2 Westover

Post by Terry K » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:22 am

Am going to try Westover with my Blaster 2. Winds may be a little light but I think the DLG will handle it.
Will arrive around 10:00.
Terry K

Lyle J

Saturday, July 4/20 Flying Session

Post by Lyle J » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:33 pm

Morning!
Just conferred with the Wind & Wave site, Saturday still looks good, although there is a wee bump up in the winds around 8 am dropping down after that. It is going to hot later on so I plan on arriving around 8 am. to set up a hi-start. Probably bring the Oly III & 3M Cirrus plus my electrified 2M Spectra. Newcomer Sam Dougherty from Waterloo, may join us, so it would be nice if we could get a few members out to meet him.

Bring lots of water, shade & sun tan lotion. I will be bringing my 10' x10' shade tent plus we have the club shade tent in the flight box if anyone wants to put that up.

Cheers!
Lyle

Good Evening!
Seven fortunate members got to enjoy some wonderful flying this morning (Monday) at the Haldibrook Road West field. We had to wait a spell for the grass cutter to his job but it was worth it. Yes....a tad hot...the shade tent came in handy. Looking ahead at the Wind & Waves weather site, I am planning on being at the field on Saturday morning for some thermal mayhem! Once again the winds are predicted to be almost nil and it is expected to be only 24C. Sounds like ideal thermal seeking weather! Hope to see y'all at the field!

Cheers!
Lyle
Last edited by Lyle J on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lyle J

Monday June 29th/20 Haldibrook Flying Session!

Post by Lyle J » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:46 am

Morning!
Wonders of wonders, the conditions are still looking favourable for Monday morning flying at Haldibrook Road West. Very light winds coming in from the North, Northwest to Northeast. So if we do set up hi-starts, will also have a separate, electric flight line. I'm bringing my repaired Oly III hoping for a better outcome this time out! Fingers crossed! I will also bring my Radian Pro.

Cheers!
Lyle

Andy M

Friday June 26 at the field

Post by Andy M » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:35 am

Wrong wind direction for Westover but the field looks OK until about noon. Will arrive 8:30 to 9ish, flying electric.

Terry K

Westover Friday June 26

Post by Terry K » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:06 am

Will try to get to the site but cannot arrive until after 11:30 as having oil change on car at 10:00.
TerryK

Andy M

Westover Friday June 26 GOING TO THE FIELD INSTEAD

Post by Andy M » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:29 am

The wind is now forecast to be from the west until 5 pm, but the field forecast looks ok wind wise until noon, so going there.

Looks like it might be OK at the slope for ~3 hrs 10 am to 1 pm. I'll update early Friday if it is still looking OK.

Also plan to be at the field Monday if the forecast holds.

Andy
Last edited by Andy M on Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lyle J

Monday, June 29/20 Haldibrook Field

Post by Lyle J » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:57 am

Morning!
Scanning the Wind & Waves weather site and it looks pretty windy for the next few days. Grrrh! At present, the predictions for Monday are looking really promising calling for calm conditions, wind wise. I'll update on Sunday and if the prediction holds, I plan on being there about 9 am and will probably stay to 12:30 pm. The field should be in fine condition after all the rain lately.

Cheers!
Lyle

Terry K

Tuesday June 23

Post by Terry K » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:53 am

I am heading to Westover tis morning. Be there around 10:00 weather permitting.
Terryk
Did not work as hoped. Rain started to fall on my way to Westover.

Ann T

Friday morning at the field - NOT

Post by Ann T » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:32 pm

Updated:10:45am - got to the field about 10 to find rain storms forming to the south of the field. Jim confirmed it was already raining in Cayuga. Decided not to risk it and went home. The field box is damaged - either someone tried to pry the top board up or the boards have buckled and pulled apart.

Ann

Wind forecast is for SW winds about 10kph. 😊

I plan to arrive about 10:00am and stay until lunch-ish. Flying electrics.

Ann

Ann T

Thursday June 18 at the field

Post by Ann T » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:37 pm

I hope to be at the field tomorrow (Thurs) about 10:00. Flying electrics.

Ann