Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session

BEFORE YOU FLY AT SOGGI'S FLYING SITES ...

Be aware that the use of SOGGI's flying sites is limited to SOGGI Members and their accompanied Guests. Your continued enjoyment of our flying sites relies on maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders including the pilots and their passengers who fly above us, the owner of the property that we are allowed to use, the farm personnel, our surrounding neighbours, and your fellow club members. Thank you for doing your part to maintain these relationships.

Now it's time for you to hook up with some friends and have some fun. Scroll down and click on the Topic "Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session" . Happy Flying !
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU FLY AT SOGGI'S FLYING SITES ...

Be aware that the use of SOGGI's flying sites is limited to SOGGI Members and their accompanied Guests. Your continued enjoyment of our flying sites relies on maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders including the pilots and their passengers who fly above us, the owner of the property that we are allowed to use, the farm personnel, our surrounding neighbours, and your fellow club members. Thank you for doing your part to maintain these relationships.

Now it's time for you to hook up with some friends and have some fun. Scroll down and click on the Topic "Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session" . Happy Flying !
Warren K

Re: Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session

Post by Warren K » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Plan to be at the field on Tuesday Sept 4 about 8am to do some rubber powered free flight. Hopefully the current (9pm, Sat Sept 1) weather probs hold up: Warren.

Bob H

Flying at Mines Road Friday Aug 31

Post by Bob H » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:13 am

The forecast sez our ALES Contest is a GO for tomorrow (Saturday Sept 1), but I'll send out an e-mail to confirm this later today.
My Lanzo Bomber hasn't been out of the hangar yet this year. Time for a shake-down cruise to see if it still has any ALES left in it. Will be at Mines Road around 9 AM.

Bob H

Ann T

Friday morning at the field

Post by Ann T » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:34 pm

I hope to get to the field about 9:00 tomorrow. I'll be flying electric & testing my Altis settings. I plan on leaving around noon.

Ann

Bob H

Westover Slope Flying Thursday August 30

Post by Bob H » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:51 am

Winds from due-North 15-20 km from 7 AM till 9 AM becoming north-easterly thereafter. I plan to give it a whirl. Hamilton Conservation Authority has been notified.

Bob H

Andy M

Westover Tuesday Aug 28 morning

Post by Andy M » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:16 pm

I plan to be at the slope Tuesday 28th around 9am. Sunny, winds SW mid 20s kph gusting 40. If the forecast is correct should be OK at 45 deg to the slope.

Andy

Bob H

Slope soaring on Friday August 24

Post by Bob H » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:33 am

The current Superforecast says Saturday's winds look better than Friday's winds. But rain is also predicted for part of Saturday.

So I'll try the slope today (Friday) starting around 11 AM. Hamilton Conservation Authority has been notified re Friday flying.

If the forecast still looks OK tomorrow, and if I still have an airplane, I may go on Saturday too.

Bob H

Otakar K

Re: Reply Here to Join or Start a Flying Session

Post by Otakar K » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:02 pm

I am planning to be there around 9:30 AM, taking my Supra and a winch.
Otakar

Bob H

Flying Sunday Aug 19

Post by Bob H » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Aim to be there about 9 AM. No rain forecast. Winds moderate from the NE. Will bring the club winch.

Bob H

Bob H

Re: Tuesday August 14/18 Flying Session

Post by Bob H » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:50 pm

As of 10 PM Monday, Tuesday's forecast is Sunny with light winds from North changing to East as the day progresses. High of 84 degrees F at 1 PM. No rain. I plan to join Lyle at the field.

Bob H

Lyle J

Re: Tuesday, August 14/18 Flying Session

Post by Lyle J » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Afternoon:
The Wind & Wave site is calling for light winds tomorrow with a possible chance of light rain in the early hours. If the rain stops and it clears up, I shall be hauling my planes to the field sometime after 9:30 am and probably stay until 1 or so depending on conditions. I'm taking both line launch and electric planes and will be working on my landings.....what else?

Cheers!
Lyle